Choose not to wear animal skins made of leather? No problem. One of the hottest materials to hit the fashion industry in the last few years is faux leather. The plus size faux leather I am wearing is SHEIN Plus Snakeskin Print Ombre Pocket Patched PU Leather Coat. Buy HERE. Now 50% off.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
What is Faux Leather?
We now have a guilt-free alternative to real, animal skin leather that is plentiful in plus size and curvy clothing. Faux or fake leather is sometimes called “vegan” leather or “pleather” for plastic leather. This type of “leather” is made from a variety of synthetic materials, most commonly the plastic-based materials polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polyurethane (PU). The rise in awareness of animal cruelty and also the rising cost of real leather have led many manufacturers to utilize faux leather in an astronomical array of fashions; everything from coats to purses, to blazers to shoes, and even dresses can now be produced in faux leather. I am wearing the Eloquii Faux Leather Vneck Tie Waist Top. Click HERE to buy.
Pros to Plus Size Vegan Leather
Here are a few reasons why faux leather has become so popular:
- Cost – Faux leather is almost always much less expensive than real leather.
- Staying Power – Faux leather is more resistant to fading, staining, cracking, peeling, scratching and scraping that would damage genuine leather.
- Upkeep – A simple wipe down with a damp rag is all that’s needed to keep faux leather looking fresh, while real leather requires expensive dry cleaning and regular oiling to keep it from drying and cracking. Nothing is invincible and, if you do get a scratch or a tear, it’s fairly easy to fix with a faux leather repair kit (typically, a piece of sandpaper is used to smooth any roughness, then leather paint or colored marker, and tweezers to flatten the surface).
- Variety – Faux leathers can also be made with a much wider range of prints, colors, and textures.
- Simplicity – Faux leather is more pliable and easier for designers to cut and sew. Plus, threads and marks from needles are seamlessly hidden.
Wondering about the cons?
Faux leather is not as environmentally friendly as real leather and because it is made from artificial materials, is not as breathable.
Cultured Curves Favorite Choices
Click the links to purchase and get the sale price!
Best Clothes for Plus Size Body Shapes
Need to find your body shape for the best faux leather fit? Visit our #1 post at How to Determine Your Plus Size Body Shape to Find the Most Flattering Clothes.
Have you tried faux leather? Let us know in the comments.
#plussize #plussizefashion #curvy #bodypositive #curvygirl #fashion #plussizestyle #fauxleather #leather #veganleather #leatherdress #leather #leatherfashion #leatherpants #leatherleggings #leatherskirt